We have seen how many people consume alcohol or substances that can depress the central nervous system (CNS), slow the brain and CNS, and bring some relief. People today regularly face problems such as muscle pain, stress, and anxiety. They need something that can get them out of pain in a jiffy so they can go about their jobs every day.
Treatment of any form of pain can sometimes be excruciating or take longer than expected. With technological and medical advances, many problems can now be treated with the greatest of ease and in the most natural way possible.
Imagine a non-invasive method of treatment that can treat not only the indication, but even the symptoms of the indication. You don’t have to rely on multiple drugs, just one solution.
You wouldn’t notice, but it would work like magic. We’re talking about medical cannabis. Cannabis and hemp-based products contain cannabinoids such as CBD and THC.
THC is the element that causes the consumer to feel intoxicated. Recreational cannabis contains higher levels of THC than hemp and therefore causes a high / intoxicated feeling. Hemp, on the other hand, is rich in CBD and is known to have little or no THC.
Cannabis is used worldwide to help patients battling cancer, bipolar disorder, mental disorders, skin problems, menstrual cramps, etc.
It contains at least 113 cannabinoids and 300 non-cannabinoid chemicals, and with their chemical makeup, they will help patients in the end with the pain they experience in the long run. This makes it the main reason medical cannabis is used around the world to treat chronic pain and disease.
There are many benefits this wonder plant has shown over the years and helped patients on a global scale such as:
1. Cannabis is known to help with weight loss. It helps regulate insulin levels and also helps control caloric intake. This drug helps its users relax and get a grip on their emotions without the patients ending up eating more or less than they should, resulting in either weight gain or extreme weight loss. It sensitizes the patient and helps him to make decisions.
2. As mentioned earlier, the world today regularly deals with issues such as stress, anxiety and so on. When cannabinoids interact with the human endocannabinoid system, it is known to help stabilize mood, which can help relieve pain and stress.
3. Cannabis has a direct impact on the body’s insulin levels and this can help patients with diabetes.
Cannabis has been linked to stabilizing blood sugar, lowering high blood pressure, and improving overall blood flow.
4. Cannabis is also known to help with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD). Patients who suffer from such problems have difficulty when it comes to their attention span, cognitive performance, sleep, and so on. With cannabis, these patients have shown potential with improved focus and quality of sleep.
5. Glaucoma is when patients have extreme pressure in their eyes. Cannabis can help relieve this pressure and provide instant comfort.
6. Treating arthritis pain is another problem that cannabis can treat well. Today cannabis is offered in the market in a variety of product formats such as lotions, oils, and balms. When used in the right amount and in the right method, it can help one with arthritis pain.
7. Nausea, depression and muscle pain may occur in hepatitis C patients, which can last for several months and cause discomfort in the patient. It is known that cannabis has potential to help patients with hepatitis C by helping them with some of the symptoms and further helping them with their pain.
8. Patients with Parkinson’s disease have experienced less tremors and pain, and also experienced better quality of sleep, when using medicinal cannabis products that have also helped the patients by improving their motor skills.
9. Not many are made aware of this, but cannabis is also known to treat alcoholism.
Many consumers have complained that cannabis scares them. The reason for this lies in the way cannabis is consumed and the amount consumed, which has never been monitored or cared for.
Even today, many regions still view cannabis as an illegal treatment. Although many developing countries, even India, are now starting to rethink the treatment of cannabis from a regulatory perspective, to allow access to patients in need under medical supervision, apart from its spiritual / cultural use at certain religious festivals in the form of bhaang.
People are now studying medical cannabis with an open mindset and an understanding of what it has to offer from a therapeutic standpoint. This nine thousand year old harvest has the power to steer toward the future in ways that could never have been imagined.
Today in India, many companies have started to partner with government agencies and industry associations to offer products made from full-spectrum cannabis leaf extracts that will help people manage their everyday problems with the utmost ease and convenience.
Cannabis is no longer just seen as a “drug” that can get you high, there is much more to it and people are now starting to not only accept it but also use it therapeutically.
(Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of YourStory.)