Canine rushed to vet after consuming hashish leaves in park months after scoffing spliff

Bedlington Terrier Holly fell ill hours after ingesting cannabis leaves that were found during her walk around Calf Heath Reservoir near Cannock on Sept.

David Williams with Bedlington Terrier Holly at Calf Heath Reservoir, Cannock, Staffs.

Image: Anita Maric / SWNS)

A “relaxed” year old female dog was taken to the vet while eating cannabis leaves – just months after taking a sip on the same walk.

Bedlington Terrier Holly fell ill hours after devouring cannabis leaves tossed under a bush around Calf Heath Reservoir near Cannock.

Concerned owner David Williams recognized the half-digested leaves and took them to the vet who gave her an anti-drug injection.

Incredibly, it was only four months after Holly took pills to flush her system after eating a half-smoked cannabis joint on her daily walks.

David, 58, of Cannock, Staffs., Said, “I took her on her usual walk and released her, and she was sniffing behind a bush.

This is the second time Holly has used cannabis on her walks
(

Image:

Anita Maric / SWNS)

“I called her back and when we got in the car she didn’t look right and she smelled strange.

“I recognized it as cannabis because we had a lot of anti-social behavior here, so I know what cannabis smells like.

“When she opened the leaves, the suspicion was confirmed and I took her to the vet again.

“I just couldn’t believe it happened so soon after I swallowed the cannabis joint.

“My friends and family joke that Holly has a drug problem.

David Williams rushed Holly to the vets after she vomited the cannabis
(

Image:

Anita Maric / SWNS)

“I have to say she’s a very relaxed bitch anyway, but this time she was off her feet. We even think she would be a very good tracker dog.

“Four months ago she got sick after swallowing a discarded cannabis joint. We took her to the vets and they gave her pills.

“This time she had obviously eaten too much of the drug and needed an injection and we should have regular overnight checkups.”

Holly’s last contact with cannabis was when David took her on a stroll through Calf Heath Reservoir near Cannock on November 19th.

David, who has an adult son and lives with Mrs. Jonanne, 47, has reported this to the police and is now warning other dog owners of the dangers of discarded drugs.

David reported it to the police and is now warning other dog owners of the dangers of discarded medication
(

Image:

Anita Maric / SWNS)

He added, “Dog walkers have to be extra careful, I will not go there again.

“My wife was horrified when I and Holly got home. She is her little baby and she was so sick. “

A Staffordshire Police spokesman said: “One man reported that his dog was killed on Jan.

“The police gave the man safety advice and told him that the town council was responsible for removing all waste products.”

Continue reading

Yorkshire Terrier just walks on the curb – people are amazed

Continue reading

Golden Retriever brings ball to girlfriend next door every day in an incredibly cute video