- Enveric life sciences (NASDAQ: ENVB) announced data from a rodent preclinical model evaluating EV102, the company’s cannabidiol (CBD) -based product under development for the topical treatment of radiodermatitis.
- Radiodermatitis, the most common side effect of radiation therapy, is a physical skin irritation with symptoms ranging from a red rash to open wounds. It affects almost 95% of patients who receive radiation for cancer treatment.
- EV102 was applied topically during a daily regimen and resulted in an almost 50% reduction in the severity of redness.
- Similar results were obtained for overall dermatitis severity, including desquamation (skin peeling) and ulceration as part of a composite score.
- The company plans to start the phase 1 study in the second half of 2022.
- Related link: You ask, we analyze: Enveric Biosciences shares seem poised to soar.
- Price action: ENVB shares fell 2.61% to $ 1.66 during the market session last Check Thursday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not offer investment advice. All rights reserved.