The natural food banner EatWell from Schnuck Markets now offers intelligent CBD sales kiosks from NatuEra, a vertically integrated cannabinoid manufacturer and a brand of CBD products made from hemp. The two interactive touchscreen units installed at the EatWell store in Columbia, Mo. this month combine instructional videos, product information and sales of NatuEra’s CBD wellness products in a store-in-a-store model entirely managed by NatuEra will.
The first launch of its kind underscores the kiosk’s ability to address regulatory, category management, and other issues that have prevented large retailers from realizing revenue opportunities in the fast-growing but highly complex $ 6 billion CBD wellness market where more than 90% of the sale takes place either in specialty stores such as pharmacies and vape shops or through online channels.
“Over a third of Americans and half of millennials have bought a CBD product, but until now large traditional retailers have had little access to this source of income,” said Nicolas Nannetti, CEO of NatuEra, based in North Palm Beach, Florida. a joint venture between a subsidiary of Agroidea, a Colombian agricultural service, and The Cronos Group, a global cannabinoid company with distribution on five continents. “We designed the NatuEra CBD Smart Kiosk to specifically mitigate regulatory risk and retailer liability and provide a turnkey category management solution that delivers CBD-based wellness products to consumers at the retail locations they trust.”
The kiosk has an always-on 42-inch touchscreen with a picture of a hemp plant held in two hands. A tap of the screen leads to product information as well as educational content on topics ranging from the relationship between hemp, cannabinoids like CBD and wellness to NatuEra’s herbal uses and GMP certified quality management systems, including relevant videos at the top of each screen to keep users happy too busy.
“While two in three Americans have heard of CBD, we know that most people are confused about what CBD actually is, what it does, and whether it is safe to consume,” said Allison Primo, health and wellness strategy manager at Schnucks . “The NatuEra CBD Smart Kiosk provides an important educational component to help our customers understand how CBD products can support their wellness needs, while also offering full transparency about origin, content and quality.”
According to a report by the Consumer Brands Association, the most common reasons Americans buy CBD are to manage pain (52%) or to reduce stress or anxiety (50%). %). The NatuEra Smart CBD Kiosk currently offers tinctures, gums, creams and capsules, including the company’s Relax * and Relief & Recovery * wellness product collections. A new rest * product line is due to hit the market early next year.
Some of the merchant benefits offered by the NatuEra CBD Smart Kiosk include:
- Legal Compliance: Kiosks are linked to NatuEra’s proprietary regulatory database for constantly updated and legally verified information and news. The company can update text, video and audio content through the cloud and protect retailers from liability related to government issues and product claims.
- Category management: Retailers avoid the time and expense required to track new CBD products and evolving consumer CBD preferences.
- Supplier-controlled inventory: NatuEra monitors, supplements and updates product inventory as required, reduces stock shortages and eliminates inventory-related overheads for retailers.
- Theft Prevention: The kiosk reduces the risk of shrinkage by providing a safe way to sell CBD products without reducing the sales potential associated with staff opening locked displays.
- Age verification: An instant age verification system prompts users to scan their driver’s license or state ID to prove they are 18 or 21 years old, depending on state requirements.
- Security guarantee and traceability: NatuEra controls its entire supply chain from the farm to the finished product in the kiosk, which not only ensures quality, but also offers complete traceability from the seed to the extract to the finished product.
The kiosk is available in four sizes, including for use on end caps, as a wall-mounted device and as a free-standing stand-alone device.
EatWell was launched in June 2020 by based in St. Louis Schnucks, which operates 111 stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin and employs 13,000 people. The company is number 64 on The PG 100, Progressive Grocers 2021 list Top grocery and consumables retailer in North America.